Friday 22 November 2013

Sample Review #1

I've had a small bag of samples that I've collected over the last few months and I thought it was about time to do a public review! It's so easy to collect sample's round the different make-up counters and whereas the sachets are a little irritating, only allowing you to test the product at most twice, and then on consecutive days where the chances are, your skin hasn't changed or you haven't done activities to really try out your product. I have oily combination complexion. 

FACE


First off is Estee Lauder's Double Wear, stay in place foundation in 3C2 Pebble. I've used their Futurist foundation for a while now but seeing as it's being discontinued at the end of the year, I figure I need to get my act together and see about replacing it. I love this. It does exactly what it says, staying in place all day (it claims 15 hours), without leaving me dry/ greasy and in breakouts the following day. I have used this on nights out, work and on an average day with no change in results. I think this could be my replacement! http://www.esteelauder.co.uk/products/643/Product-Catalog/Makeup/Face/Foundations/index.tmpl

I then have Benefit's Hello Flawless oxygen wow in Honey. This claims to be oil free but I found I constantly needed to reapply powder. I was impressed by the consistency and coverage but I would not buy this foundation. http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/hello-flawless-oxygen-wow

I have reviewed sample BB/ CC creams before (here) so I won't go into too much detail. I am yet to have the funds to buy one yet, but my firm favourite is still the Diorskin Bb creme in 002. http://www.johnlewis.com/diorskin-nude-tan-bb-creme/p466028?colour=001



The Dior Capture Totale One Essential is a serum that claims to give "instantly radiant and deeply revitalised skin" which it does do well. It isn't greasy and you don't have to use much for full face coverage, but at £80, I think I can find an alternative! http://www.johnlewis.com/dior-capture-totale-one-essential-50ml/p231132224

The Glamglow tingling and exfoliating mask is really "hot" with the Hollywood stars at the moment, with it's mud like consistency it boasts volcanic rock and large chunks of green tea, alongside the French sea clay. It takes between 8-10 minutes to dry and washing off is easier in the shower (personally) which is when you really feel the green tea ex-foliating. I do like this product, my skin feels amazing afterwards, but again I think it's too expensive. Buy a good exfoliator and mask for half the price, and will probably last longer too! http://www.marksandspencer.com/GLAMGLOW%C2%AE-Tingling-Exfoliating-Mask-15ml/dp/B00AND9XUW

EYES

Clinique high impact mascara in black is next on my list. Apart from their chubby sticks, I don't think Clinique is quite there with their make-up. This mascara defines my lashes, but doesn't give volume or thicken. This is probably just me wanted a more statement eye, as for subtlety this would be fine. It lasts well and is reasonably priced. http://www.clinique.co.uk/product/1606/5416/Makeup/Mascara/High-Impact-Mascara/index.tmpl

Bobbi Brown's smokey eye mascara is their newest mascara which has really grabbed the market. This mascara ticks off the big three with the first application. It effortlessly lengthens, gives volume and does not leave any clumps. I've been set in my ways for many years now with the Max Factor mascara (here), but I will be very sad when this little sample runs out. It really is a must have for anyone who likes thick lashes, without going fake. I won't be turning my back on this one! http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/5140/27021/Makeup/Eyes/Mascaras/Smokey-Eye-Mascara/New/index.tmpl

LIPS

Firstly for lips is the Benetint. I doubt this needs much explaining, it's a rose tinted lip and cheek stain. Although I haven't used this on my cheeks too much, I find this a saviour on my lips when wearing red lipstick as you avoid that awkward, half rubbed off on a glass look. This product is well worth the money as it lasts forever and I think is a staple piece, especially for Christmas lips! http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/benetint

Finally, a freebie from November's Vogue (I think). The Coralista Ultra Plush lip gloss from benefit is a rich coral shade which glides on easily without being too sticky. I love the shade and would like to own the full size, this is perfect for chucking in your clutch bag on a night out for an instant pout! http://www.benefitcosmetics.co.uk/product/view/coralista-ultra-plush-lip-gloss

Well there you go. My collection of samples from around the beginning of September to today. I hope you found this useful and are tempted by some of the products you see here. I'd love your feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment