Monday 21 October 2013

Get to know me

I've been reading a lot of blogs at the moment getting a general feel about how people blog seeing as I'm so new and I stumbled across http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/. I think she has a lovely blog and I was interested in her questions titled "get to know me" and thought I'd give it a whirl.

 1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?

My hair is naturally wavy/ frizzy. I have really thick hair which has a mind of it's own. If I curl it, it won't hold and it will only hold straight if I fully blow dry it straight first. This I rarely do. If I could have a preference I'd like long curly hair though please!

2. Do you dye your hair yourself or go to a salon?
I've done both. I got offered the chance to have a free head of highlights and cut if I allowed the trainee hairdresser to do whatever she wanted to my hair. It was just before prom and I had wasit length dark brown hair which needed a trim and I wanted highlights so went through with it. I loved the colour and the way she layered it, but it was soo short for my liking that I came home and cried. Never again! So yes, normally I dye my own. I'm not really fussed what colour I dye it. Friends of mine will tell you that my hair colour can seem to change on a day to day basis. Don't know what I do to it.

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
I'm not very adventurous with hair. As previously stated, it does what it wants to do. If I have it down it's normally straightish verging on natural and I back comb the roots a little. If it's up I normally put it in a messy pony tail or a doughnut. And that's it. I'm not a hair person.

4. Do you do your own manicures and pedicures or do you go to a salon?
I used to work at a salon and consequently got gels, minx, polish, hand treatments for nothing. I loved it. I loved the girls that worked there and although it was just minimum wage, the perks were amazing. Now I work at a cafe and I have to have short bare nails every weekend so my days of gels are gone. Now I just do myself a manicure and pedicure every Monday evening while my boyfriend is at training (I hate my toes and fingers not matching unless I have minx) to last me through until Saturday morning. 

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
Oh, did just answer this. Once a week, unless I chip it, then twice. I have a lot of nail vanish so I never run out of options!

6. Do you paint your toes in the Winter or just in the Summer?
I always have my toes painted! They get a break of about half an hour or so a week which I know is bad, but it's only nail. It will grow back!

7. Do you plan your outfit of the day the night before or just decide when getting dressed?
Depends on the occasion. I'm a huge fan of "shower decisions" and will often plan my days outfit there once I know what the weather's like. At home I can see my walk in wardrobe from my shower which makes life a lot easier! As for nights out/ major plans, I normally plan the night before to make sure I don't wear what I need (and then have to time to give a quick iron). However for my best friends 21st, it took me about 2 months to find the right dress. I started looking as soon as Summer dresses were in stores.

8. How often do you change of your handbag?
I have 5 staple handbags which I use depending on what I'm wearing. I'm not a seasonal handbag girl. I buy decent quality (always leather with one exception) so that they last. I hate handbags that are going faded and tatty - just buy a decent one in the first place!

9. How long does it take you to put on your makeup?
In the morning before work or uni between 10 and 15, night out nearer 30 and on summer days where I just want my face to tan, about 2. I just do  minimal eyes and a tinted moisturiser and powder. I hate my face feeling clogged up when it's hot.

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
I always start with my face; primer, foundation, powder, bronzer/ blusher. Then eyes; eye-shadow, eye-liner, eyebrows, mascara. Then lips.
11. Do you collect makeup or do you just buy what you need when you need it?
Bit of both. I collect make-up in the sense that I'll love a product, then go off of it and buy a replacement (like eye-liners, don't know what happens when they get about half way) but foundations and powders I make sure I start getting samples about a month before they finally go to keep up with whether my skin/ season has changed and what will work best for me. 

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
When I just turned 18 (and a bit before but we'll keep that quiet) and would go out I always wore fake-eyelashes without fail. I have about 4 pairs that have collected on my car dashboard where I've gone out (never drunk) and driven home but found the eyelashes were too heavy when I started getting tired to see properly! Now I have individual lashes applied before I go on holiday and that's it. Uni made me realise just how much money I was spending on them and how little it actually did for my face. 

13. Do you wear a full face of makeup everyday?
Definitely not! If I didn't work every weekend I'd have Sunday off at least. No mascara no nothing. If I'm only bumming around the house, why do my parents care what I look like? Having said that, the Sundays where I have done that and have then popped to Tesco are the days where I bump in to ex's and everyone else and looked like crap. 

14. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Yes, only locally though. I wouldn't pop out for lunch or to uni without at least some mascara and powder on, but to grab some milk, happily!

15. How many high end products do you own?
Depends on the meaning of "high end". I own some Estee Lauder and Christian Dior... But then also MAC, Bobbi Brown, Benefit. Depends on the definition really. Although I wouldn't say that matters. Depends on what's right for your skin, and whether that's Collection 2000 or a whole make-up bag of Tom Ford it's whatever suits you.

16. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
Well being a uni student that can range from going to sleep at 4 in the morning and then making a 9am with a half an hour walk, or just bog standard going to sleep at 11 and waking up naturally around 8. I don't stay up late and watch TV programmes for no reason. I don't permanently want to mess up my sleeping pattern!

17. How many pets do you have?
3 cats (at home). I love animals much more than I love a lot of people. If my cat could talk, I'd be screwed. I'm an only child and got my cat when I was 3 and a half. She is literally my sister.

18. How often are you on Blogger?
Seeing as this is new and exciting I'm blogging just about everyday, but I'm sure I'll settle down. I love reading everyone else's though. You have so much more inspiration then and rather than looking in my wardrobe and saying that I have nothing to wear, I've learnt to be a lot more experimental.

19. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes, especially on reviews. I think it's a lot more useful finding out what products have worked for people on a normal day to day life rather than believing the stuff women on the make-up counters tend to say.

20. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Just my iPhone at the moment. My camera (when charged) is a fujifilm something I think, but I haven't posted any pictures yet where I have used it. 

If you decide to do your own "Get to know me" link your blog and I'll have a good old read! 

Want to know anything else? Ask away!

No comments:

Post a Comment