Tuesday 21 January 2014

Marc Jacobs Perfumes


Hmm, it's fair to say I have a bit of a soft spot for these delightful scents. But, to get one thing straight. I haven't bought these all at once. My friend's bought me "Daisy" for my 16th Birthday and since then, Santa has brought the others for me over the last 4 years. It's fair to say he knows me well! Sadly "Daisy" and "Lola" are now empty with the exception of the miniature. What I love about these perfumes (aside from the striking bottles)  is that they are so versatile; Easily taking you through from day to night. Anyway, enough of an introduction. I'll do a brief description of them all, in order that they are shown in the picture.

Oh Lola: I received this Christmas 2013 and I wasn't supposed to get it. My Mum knew I wanted Honey but it had sold out everytime she went to purchase it, so settled for this. She did however find Honey eventually so I got both! This has notes of Strawberry, Peony, Rose and Vanilla and I think I will enjoy this more in the Summer months. It  is a beautiful scent but something is quite right when it's raining and cold and i wear this... I can't quite put my finger on it.

Honey: This is slightly more of a fruity floral with notes of Orange blossom, Peach, Honeysuckle, Vanilla and Honey - as the name suggest. I got this last Christmas and it is my current favourite. It is soo sweet and girly and fresh and I love it! I've heard a few of my friends say that it isn't a scent for them at all, but I seem to use it five days out of seven.

Dot: This floral scent has notes of Jasmine, Orange blossom, Red berries, Dragon fruit and Vanilla. This is probably my least favourite and one I go to less often. It isn't that I dislike it at all, it's just a little harsher than the others, less sweet and therefore I seem to think it should be worn at more serious events - do not ask why! However, this is probably the longest lasting perfume on me.

Lola: I received this in Christmas 2012 this bottle barely lasted a year! I adore it! Described as having notes of Rose, Fuchsia, Geranium, Pear, Grapefruit and Creamy Musk, it is an easy to wear daily scent with the perfect floral balance without you smelling like an old lady. It isn't so overpowering that you get odd looks, yet is fresh enough for you to smell good all day.

Daisy: Oh, I still love this perfume four years on. This one seems to smell slightly less sweet on me than others. I know perfumes adjust to everyone differently but this genuinely smells completely different on me to others! On me it doesn't smell half as sweet and girly, which I find perfect on occasion. I guess it is just a very natural scent. This has notes of Violet, Strawberries and a sort of woody undertone.

So there we are, scents for the girly girls out there. I also find Marc Jacobs perfumes to be very reasonably priced. The 50ml are all under £50 in Boots, and you can pick up the gift sets with either the 100ml and the miniature's or with the 50ml and shower gels/ moisturisers making them perfect presents. I also have a tendency to keep the boxes, for reasons that I will showcase in a later blog post! All I need now is "Daisy Eau So Fresh"... Hint Hint!

No comments:

Post a Comment