Saturday 18 January 2014

Bourjois 1 second gel polish review - nails #6


Now, I gave a mini review on the brush in my last nails post and stated I would only buy more if the lasting power was acceptable. It wasn't but I did. I wanted to see if there was a difference in shades from what I experienced with the pink. I used to frequently get the Jessica geleration manicure while working for a salon. We found that with a 30 second led lamp, some colours experienced a shrinkage. No matter how close to the nail beds you went, and how careful you were to paint along the top edge of the nail, the polish would shrink and you're left with a gap around the whole nail. This is what happened with the pink. The polish shrunk back around 5 minutes after finishing with my seche vite top coat. So, I decided to try again without the top coat and used an essie one instead. It still shrunk back. At this point I decided to purchase no. 22 turquoise block. Again, the colour is gorgeous! They are so opaque after one stroke that it is there only saving grace for me. Again, this one shrunk back, not as much, but enough for them to chip in the first 24 hours. It's a shame as I love these colours so much!!

I know so many bloggers rave about them, so maybe it's the natural oils of my nails that these don't get on with. But if you do have little fingers, I would stay clear. The brush is just a little too wide for this to be an easy manicure.

No comments:

Post a Comment