Thursday 20 February 2014

Smashbox Smokebox


My first ever mid end eye-shadow palette, it is honestly very sentimental to me. I purchased this from the Cosmetics Company back in 2012 and at the time I knew nothing of the Smashbox brand and just went for the beautiful range of colours, the burgundy was something I'd never owned before. I wore this constantly for at least a year before I branched out a little and I still haven't hit pan. I think I purchased it for £23, which is a bargain seeing as they still sell it in Boots for £32 - although it has had a minor revamp. In comparison with Mac, Urban Decay and Bobbi Brown, the product isn't as soft and luxurious to touch but still my favourites. That little extra grip means these shadows do not budge without primer and they are still super pigmented.



Going from left to right, top row first:
Alabaster: A matte peachy toned cream
Thunder: A rich grey with a silver sheen
Blackout: A deep black - probably the least pigmented however
Roast: A luxurious brown with gold shimmer
Blackcurrent: An almost matte burgundy, with a hint of pinky shimmer
Seaform: A creamy silver sheen

It's also worth noting that the mini double-ended brush isn't too shabby either. Yes you're never going to be able to blend colours into your crease with it, but it's dense enough to be able to pack colour on to your lid in a make-up emergency. 

No comments:

Post a Comment