Thursday 5 December 2013

Christmas Tag



Sadly I haven't come home for Christmas yet. However, I attempted to make our sitting room a little more festive, much to the dismay of the boys. Thought I'd get a little more festive with this tag. And I apologise before hand, this is probably the most undeceive blog post I could have written!

1. What is your favourite thing about Christmas?

Everything. I love the fashion, shopping for presents, the decorations, giving/ receiving presents and obviously, the food! I do  love Summer more, don’t get me wrong I’m a fair weather person, but there is something satisfying about wearing a big knit jumper and coat and snuggling up under a blanket with a hot chocolate that you just don’t get in the summer.

2. What is your favourite makeup look for the festive season?

Red lips along with a matching red nail is my all time favourite make-up look. I don’t normally wear a red dress on Christmas dress, just as I don’t suit it, so a little black dress accentuated with red accessories is my favourite look!

3. Real or fake tree?

Real. No questions asked. As a little girl, my Dad and I would go and pick a tree, usually on the second Saturday of December and would spend a long time determining one, what would fit in the car and two the best shape. As I’ve got older, Dad isn’t soo fussed about Christmas so Mum and I do the searching and for the last two years we’ve managed to squeeze over 6ft trees in my little KA! I love the smell, and the fact they drop pines and you have to crawl under them to water them. It’s all part of Christmas!

4. Giving or receiving presents?

Giving, absolutely! Don’t get me wrong, I love receiving presents and am very grateful of what I get, but getting presents for others is the best excuse to go shopping. You can’t beat the look on someone’s face when they open a present that they like, and weren’t expecting. Definitely priceless and gives you that warm feeling inside (sorry for being soppy). I do tend to go a little over the top, spending more on Christmas presents for my family then I would their Birthday presents. Woops! I do also love wrapping them and can spend weeks finding the right paper with matching tags and ribbon. I have my eyes on some of the paper in Next this year.

5. Do you open your presents in the morning or evening?

I’m an only child so I wake up to Santa’s gifts and take them through to my poor parent’s room and curl up at the end of their bed. Dad normally stays asleep at this point and the cats just moan that they’re hungry. I’m also not allowed in until 9, which is possibly the worst wait ever! The room ends up a fire hazard and whereas my cat used to love playing in the paper, she’s a little too old now. We then have breakfast and I take the time to attempt to try out/ on everything I’ve been given and attempt a small tidy up. Afterwards, we get dressed up for the rest of the day. As a family we take it in turns to hold Christmas and Boxing day so that depends on what work needs to be done for lunch. After we’ve consumed as much food as possible, myself and cousins divide presents out between everyone and then have a mass opening. It’s our little tradition.

6. Handmade or bought Christmas cards?

I’m not at all creative so I buy them. I try to find amusing Christmas box sets for friends and general family, buying special ones for my parents, boyfriend and best friend. It’s fair to say we have an odd sense of humour so our Christmas cards are normally not funny to anyone else. Is slightly awkward...

7. What is your favourite Christmas film?
I don’t think I could single out one. Love Actually and The Holiday are definitely up there. I’m all game for soppy Christmas love stories so they fit in perfectly. As for a film aimed at a slightly younger audience I’d have to say the Grinch and as a child I loved Annabelle’s Wish. But I really can’t just choose the one!

8. What is your favourite Christmas food?


Hmm... Well traditionally we ignore the starter and go straight to the roast turkey, roast potatoes, stuffing, pigs and blankets plus all the other trimmings, followed by a Christmas cake (which my Dad and I always ice) and a chocolate log which my Aunt always cooks. Then there’s all the chocolate you get given, white chocolate oranges in particular... Yum! Safe to say, I couldn’t pick a favourite out of food either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment