Monday 9 December 2013

Pay Day Haul

So I did the inevitable. It was pay day and I couldn't resist the beckonings of the Cosmetics Company, Boots and Asda. So I decided to go a little crazy. I can't say that it wasn't needed, I really don't have a huge make-up collection and there are (were) definitely gaps to fill. 


 MAC satin powder blush in "Immortal Flower" and Smashbox blush in "Pop of Pink"

 Smashbox be legendary lipstick in "Posy Pink" 

 MAC cremesheen lipstick in "Speed Dial"

 MAC paint pot in "Mooncake"

 MAC electric cool eyeshadow in "Dynamo"

 Smashbox reflection high shine lip gloss in "Pop of Pink" (Sorry for the dodgy picture)

 Smashbox full exposure mascara

 Essie "So haute!" nail stickers
Essie 2013 winter collection "Shearling Darling", "Parka Perfect" and "Toggle to the Top". Essie "No Chips Ahead" top coat. 


 Clairol Nice'n easy, perfect 10 hair dye in "6 light brown".

This was a near perfect day of beauty shopping. I easily stood talking in the Cosmetics Company for an hour. As I mentioned in my Smashbox foundation review, Portsmouth is new to embrace Smashbox, and I think quite rightly so! It is quickly establishing itself between the likes of MAC and Bobbi Brown, minus the hype! It's niche is obviously in the primer market, so I thought buying a box set of items, I would have bought separately for double the price (The whole box set cost 24.50!). On first impressions, I love the lipstick, which is very similar in texture to the MAC cremesheens, the blush is soo pigmented and soft on the skin and whereas the mascara may not be the best for giving volume, the huge brush separates and curls beautifully. The lip gloss is however fairly sticky and really difficult to handle, seeing as if you squeeze from the end, you're then a log way away from your lips and control is lost. 

On to MAC. "Dynamo" is a beautiful burnt orange, which on me is really warming and great for my paler complexion at this time of year. I fear in the Summer, it may look a bit more terracotta and I'll start blending into Spanish villa's, but we'll see. Next is the blush. This really subtle colour is great for a "I'm not wearing make-up" kinda day. Giving your cheeks a hint of colour but not taking focus from a simple eye and lip feature. My highlights have to be my first ever paint pot and the lipstick. I adore the colour and the cremesheen isn't as drying as their matte finishes, but I'll have to wait and see how long it lasts on my lips. And the paint pot. Wow. No primer necessary and it lasted a whole 8 hour shift of me being in dish-wash and getting a steam facial every five minutes. I am so impressed, and when layered (like the swatch) looks more golden, but with a fine layer, your eyelids are just left sparkling and festive!

Finally, as you may glimpse from the pictures, I am currently wearing all of these Essie polishes and will upload a following post of my chosen accent nail. And also, the hair dye. I dyed my hair wash in wash out purple for halloween and it is STILL there. I've had enough, I hate it, it doesn't suit me and it is going! These hair dyes were on offer in ASDA for £4 so I bought two to make sure I cover my whole head. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment