Friday 7 February 2014

A little make-up pick me up

Today was one of those days where I needed a little cheering up so the obvious thing to do was a little retail therapy. This isn't a huge haul but I did manage to pick up an item that was on my Spring/ Summer wishlist. This is purely a list of what I brought and I'll do reviews at a later date.



First off is the Elderflower unperfumed gel from The Body Shop (£7). Now I can not for the life of me remember who's blog it was I read that highly recommended this clear unassuming gel, but their wise words on how this controls puffy eye's and dark circles caused me to put this on my shopping list. I also picked up the Warming Mineral mask (£10) which was posited next to the gel. Now after using the pore reducing mask that Soap and glory had to offer I've had breakouts on my cheeks and chin so I was keen to pick up something different. Now I haven't tried any masks from The Body Shop before and I haven't read a review, this was just spontaneous purchase so stay tuned if you wish to find out how I got on.

Next on my list was Boots. A haul is not complete without Boots. From here I picked up the Samantha Chapman duo-fibre collection brushes (£23.99) as I was particularly interested in the face brush. From first inspection, these are super soft and I can't wait to use them. I then picked up the Collection Lasting Perfection concealer (£4.19) in 2 as my 3 gets a little dark when the fake tan starts to fade. From Essie I picked up the rich, dusty rose "In Stitches" as I love the colour and do not own anything even remotely similar and then from Revlon I picked up the Rose glow Highlighting palette (£8.99) which according to Lily, is a better dupe to the Bobbi Brown!

Last but by no means least is the Dior Trianon Edition blush in 763 Corail bagatelle (I assume that's the name?) it is beautiful, not just in colour but just so aesthetically pleasing too and definitely too pretty to use just yet.

I hope I haven't rambled too much, is there anything you have your eye on at the moment?

1 comment:

  1. i just follow your blog.
    www.beautyisallaround6.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete